At the first editorial advisory board meeting since I joined the journal On the Horizon (OTH) as editor-in-chief, we revised the aim and scope of the publication to refocus the publication back to its roots as an international journal of learning futures. I believe this renewed focus cements the journal's future as the leading, international publication on learning futures.
We are assembling a great editorial board and remain committed to regional, gender, and cultural diversity. We further aim to bring voice to those who are typically marginalized. If you have an idea for a paper you would like to discuss or are interested in joining the editorial board, please get in touch with me!
Call for papers
Submit to the journal
An international, interdisciplinary journal, On the Horizon explores the issues that drives new futures for learning and possibilities for human development.
Areas of interest include:
- Intersections of futures research and foresight with human development
- The transformative effects of technology on education and learning organizations
- The impact of changing social, economic, environmental, and cultural needs of society on learning systems
- Changing economics, policies, and practices affecting teaching and learning
- New approaches to developing human capacities, including informal, non-formal, and self-directed approaches
On the Horizon pursues its mission by publishing scholarly and practitioner works on critical trends and topics, drawing upon cutting-edge research from policy analysis, futures research, and academic scholarship. The journal solicits innovative concepts and creative ideas that challenge conventional wisdom.
To learn more about OTH: https://www.emeraldgrouppublishing.com/journal/oth
To submit to the journal: https://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/oth
For any questions, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with the Editor or Publisher: