UPDATE: THE SUBMISSION PERIOD IS NOW CLOSED
Proposal submission deadline: September 30, 2018
Acceptance notification: October 31, 2018
Full chapters due: January 15, 2019
Lead editor: John Moravec, Ph.D.
Education Futures is assembling a book (or series of short books) on emerging education futures: experiences and visions from the field. The target audience consists of educators and policymakers across the globe, and the objective of the project is to share diverse experiences, provoke conversation, and facilitate new ideas for meeting human capital development needs in rapidly transforming societies. This project aims to present a 'snapshot' of our best thinking and experiences as we look toward the future.
As this book project desires to bring forward voices from the field, this call invites a broad range of topics. In particular:
Chapters with essay themes are encouraged in the general topics of:
- (Re)defining knowledge and innovation for the modern age and implications for education
- Developing and applying imagination, creativity, and innovation
- Invisible learning and global experiences with non-traditional approaches to teaching and learning
- New knowledge formats and applications of knowledge
- Approaches for realizing the principles of Manifesto 15
- Free play and self-directed education
- Approaches and experiences in redesigning higher education
- Educating for changemakers
- Rethinking relationships between technology, learning, and learners
- Policy experiences in promoting innovative approaches to learning
- Educating for knowmad society
Chapters with research and research methodology themes are invited in the topic areas of:
- Futures research methodologies that are impactful in the fields of education and/or human capital development
- Foresight into futures for education and/or the workforce
Finally, proposals for short creative works and photo essays may also be submitted for consideration.
Proposal acceptance will be selective, and authors from diverse backgrounds are highly encouraged to submit proposals. Please send 300 to 500-word abstracts for a specific chapter idea, together with initial ideas for primary sources and a CV or summary of previous publications to John Moravec at email@example.com by September 30, 2018. Authors will be notified of a decision by October 31, 2018, and final chapters are due by January 15, 2019. There are no submission or acceptance fees for manuscripts submitted to this book publication.
Chapter proposals may be submitted in English or Spanish, but final chapters must be written in English. Chapters may be of any length but are generally expected to range from 2,000 to 5,000 words, each. Final manuscripts must conform to APA style. As with all Education Futures publications, this book or series will be published under an open access, Creative Commons license. The release is anticipated in 2019.
John Moravec, Ph.D., lead editor
Photo by Angelos Michalopoulos on Unsplash