The Knowmads (NL) are launching an interesting social entrepreneurship experience in Western Asia. I’m sharing their release in its entirety because I believe this is a worthwhile learning and praxis opportunity for developing Knowmads:
Theme: Social Entrepreneurship
This summer course is all about experiencing the Knowmads way of working. We will work with you, in a team of minimal 15 and maximum 25 internationals, on a project in Israel and/or Palestine. The project we are going to create will connect to youth, community and entrepreneurship and will have an impact for you, for the community and for the world. We call it a win-win-win project.
The 4 weeks
The project takes in total four weeks. In the first week we will get to know each other and investigate each other’s talents. By doing this we create a team that will really rock the boat. The second week we will start with creative and innovative idea development for the project. The third and fourth week we will work together on the project and make the things happen planned in the first two weeks.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for outstanding, creative and highly motivated young people willing to undertake an entrepreneurial challenge. There is not a specific or ideal type of candidate for this course. You have to be willing to work with your head, heart and hands.
What does it cost?
The price of the course is Euro 2000,-. This is inclusive all the material, travelling in Israel/Palestine and housing. This price is exclusive travelling to (and from) Tel Aviv, food and drinks.
Why to choose Knowmads Summer Course?
- The course is a highly specialised programme, with a strong focus on a real life case.
- There are networking opportunities with entrepreneurs / companies / municipalities / NGO’s, also after the programme
- You have the chance for transferring successful ideas to your own country.
- You can challenge yourself and be coached in this
- There is didactic quality guaranteed by Knowmads; 3?6 Knowmads will facilitate the course.
- You will work in an International atmosphere in a truly multicultural environment.
How to sign up?
- Apply before the 24th of June 2010.
- Before the 26th of June we will confirm your registration; we will only start our course with a minimum of 15 applicants.
- The spoken and written language of the course is English
- During the course we will work six days a week
- The tuition fee needs to be paid before the 10th of July. We will provide details later.
Info: send an e-mail to Pieter@knowmads.nl or call 00 31 6 814 90 700.